Advanced Manufacturing Talent Network
New Jersey’s Advanced Manufacturing Talent Network (MNJ) builds partnerships in the manufacturing industry to develop and support advanced manufacturing in the Garden State and formulate strategies for competing at the regional, national, and global levels.
MNJ, led by the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), connects with businesses, educational institutions, workforce organizations, training groups, and community- and faith-based organizations to gather ground-level intelligence on the industry to make informed decisions on high-quality public workforce investments and expand the number of New Jersey residents with industry-valued credentials or degrees.
- Develop industry intelligence: Creating and implementing effective workforce and education programs requires an accurate and timely understanding of business needs. MNJ, working closely with labor market analysts from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, is a crucial source of information on the workforce needs of the industry. MNJ hosts an Industry Summit to gather intelligence and inform key workforce stakeholders of essential employer needs and produces an annual Industry Workforce Report. Additionally, MNJ engages employers and industry associations to contribute to the Industry-Valued Credentials list.
- Develop high-quality, employer-driven partnerships: MNJ works closely with businesses, Workforce Development Boards, educational institutions, training groups, and community- and faith-based organizations to develop high-quality, employer-driven partnerships known as Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIPs).
Return on Investment for Businesses to Join TIPs
- Gain the distinction of becoming an industry champion and receive priority on applications for New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development training grants.
- Access the Targeted Industry Partnership (TIP) fund, which will support implementation of the strongest workforce investment ideas developed by the TIPs.
- Spearhead discussion on the priorities of your industry with business, workforce development, education, and state officials to shape the future of your industry.
- Network with regional businesses in your industry to promote innovation, collaboration, and efficiency.
MNJ works in areas of the state that have a concentration of advanced manufacturing businesses to:
- identify workforce needs and common sk