Retail, Hospitality & Tourism Talent Network
The RHTTN, led by Fairleigh Dickinson University in the northern part of the state and Stockton University in the southern part of the state, connects with businesses, educational institutions, workforce organizations, training groups, and community- and faith-based organizations to gather ground-level intelligence on the industry to make informed decisions on high-quality public workforce investments and expand the number of New Jersey residents with industry-valued credentials or degrees.
RHTTN North is responsible for developing Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIPs) in the following regions:
- Northwest: Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren Counties
- Northeast: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic, and Union Counties
RHTTN South is responsible for developing TIPs in the following regions:
- Coastal: Atlantic, Cape May, and Cumberland Counties
- Delaware River: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, and Salem Counties
Both RHTTN North and South are responsible for collaborating and developing a shared TIP for the following region:
- Central: Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean Counties
Upcoming Events Calendar
- RHT jobholding totaled 826,776 in 2016, or 24.4 percent of the state's private sector workers, a lower percentage than for the nation, which is 26.0 percent.
- Employment in Arts, Entertainment and Recreation has grown 74.7 percent over the last 26 years.
- The state set a record in 2016, with the tourism industry accounting for $44.1 billion in economic impact — an increase of more than 2.9 percent over the
Sandra Bleckman, Director
Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Road
Teaneck, New Jersey 007666