Talent Networks are focused on the state's key industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Financial Services, Health Care, Life Sciences, Retail, Hospitality & Tourism, Technology, and Transportation, Logistics & Distribution. These networks of industry experts, led by colleges, universities, and business organizations, have partnered with employers, educational institutions, and workforce organizations while providing assistance to students and jobseekers.
The Talent Networks are focused on the following key efforts.
- Developing industry intelligence. Effective workforce and education programs require accurate and timely understanding of employer needs. The Talent Networks, working closely with labor market analysts from the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, are a crucial source of information on the workforce needs of their specific industry. Each Talent Network hosts an Industry Summit to gather intelligence and inform key workforce stakeholders of essential employer needs and will produce an annual Industry Workforce Report. Additionally, Talent Networks engage employers and industry associations to contribute to the development of an industry-valued credential and degree list.
- Developing high-quality, employer-driven partnerships. Talent Networks work closely with employers, Workforce Development Boards, educational institutions, and other stakeholders to develop high-quality, employer-driven partnerships known as Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIPs) across the state. Each Talent Network focuses their efforts on areas of the state that have a concentration of employers in their specific industry.
To build these partnerships, the Talent Networks:
- work with employers to identify common skill gaps and workforce needs and identify the skills, abilities, and credentials that are in demand.
- facilitate the development of a workforce plan for each TIP to respond to identified workforce needs and opportunities.
- create a strategy for building and sustaining the partnership through commitments from employers, Workforce Development Boards, educational institutions, and other key stakeholders.
The Talent Networks focus on creating TIPs throughout the state, with the Technology Talent Network working closely with all Talent Networks to support TIP development.
Connect with New Jersey's Talent Networks
Use the links below to connect with New Jersey’s Talent Networks: