Networking Conversations with Linkers
Linkers are people who can introduce you to sources, recommenders, other linkers, and, in some cases, hiring decision makers. Here are several questions to ask linkers after you’ve shared your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Do you know anyone with information about ____ (describe a company, occupation, or position you are targeting)?
- Do you know anyone who might know someone with information about the company/ occupation/position?
- Can you think of any employers who could benefit from my capabilities?
- Can you think of anyone else I should speak with about employment opportunities?
- When I contact him/her, may I use your name?