Federal Bonding Information for Businesses
Perhaps an otherwise great candidate for a job opening has a low credit score, limited work history or some other risk factor in his or her background. The Federal Bonding program gives you the security you need to hire that candidate with confidence.
What is a fidelity bond?
A fidelity bond is a business insurance policy that protects you in case of any loss of money or property due to employee dishonesty.
- The bond provides up to $25,000 of coverage with no deductible.
- There is no cost to employer or employee.
- There is no required paperwork or special records to keep.
- A bond can be issued as soon as the date is set for the applicant to start work.
Anyone you consider a risk to hire, such as:
- people who have poor personal credit.
- people dishonorably discharged from the military.
- people lacking work history.
- recovering substance abusers.
What does the bond cover?
The bond insures you against any loss due to theft, forgery, larceny, or embezzlement. It does not cover liability due to an employee's poor workmanship, job injuries, or work accidents. It is not a bail or court bond for legal systems.
Getting a bond is easy!
For more information or to request a bond:
James Rimalover, New Jersey State Bonding Coordinator
The Federal Bonding program is sponsored by the US Department of Labor in partnership with Travelers Property Casualty Insurance Company.