Construction & Utilities Talent Network
New Jersey’s Construction & Utilities (CU) Talent Network builds partnerships to develop and support the construction and utilities industries in the Garden State and formulates strategies for competing at the regional, national, and global levels.
The CU Talent Network, led by New Jersey Institute of Technology in the northern part of the state and Rowan University in the southern part of the state, connects with businesses, educational institutions, workforce organizations, training groups, and community- and faith-based organizations to gather ground-level intelligence on the industry to make informed decisions on high-quality public workforce investments and expand the number of New Jersey residents with industry-valued credentials or degrees.
Both Construction & Utilities North and South are responsible for collaborating and developing a shared Targeted Industry Partnership (TIP) for the Central region: Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean Counties.
- Construction & Utilities combined make up 8.7 percent of our state's establishments.
- Construction & Utilities have a total of 22,400 establishments in New Jersey.
- Since 2012, the construction and utilities sector had a strong yearly average employment increase of 3.8 percent versus the statewide average of 1.4 percent.
- Seventy-five percent of construction and utility employment require less than a bachelor’s degree, but the average wages in the sector are 16.9 percent higher than the statewide average.
- From 2014 to 2024, the construction and utilities sector is projected to increase its employment by an average of 1.3 percent annually while creating 22,150 new jobs.
Tech Briefs - 2018
April Construction Utilites TN Tech Brief
May Construction Utilities TN Tech Brief
June Construction Utilities TN Tech Brief
July Construction Utilities TN Tech Brief
Aug. Construction Utilities TN Tech Brief
Sept. Construction Utilites TN Tech Brief
Oct. Construction Utilites TN Tech Brief
Juan Gonzalez, Co-director
Construction & Utilities Talent Network - North
New Jersey Institute of Technology
323 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Newark, New Jersey 07102
Annamaria Lalevee, Co-director
Robert Tumas, Program Manager
Construction & Utilities Talent Network - South
Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships (Rowan Global)
Enterprise Center, 225 Rowan Boulevard
Glassboro, New Jersey 08028