Jersey Job Club
What is the Jersey Job Club?
The Jersey Job Club gives you the tools and support you need to find a job. We’ll help you develop new skills and improve on skills you already have. There are 23 Jersey Job Clubs throughout New Jersey.
To find a good job in challenging times, successful jobseekers look for opportunities to get an edge. The Jersey Job Club is such an opportunity - and the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll get results.
Why should I join?
You'll get personal attention and support
Each Jersey Job Club has a career development professional available to help you develop a strategy for conducting a successful job search. Your career development professional will provide encouragement and guidance as you engage in a dynamic, participatory process.
Grow your network
Meet new people and build relationships that could lead to employment. Share experiences, advice, support, and feedback with other jobseekers. Identify, generate, and act on job opportunities.
Develop job search skills
Attend workshops to learn how to write a resume, conduct an effective job search, market yourself, interview well, manage your time, and more.
Connect with your community
...through skills-based volunteering. Keep your skills sharp and contribute to a worthwhile cause while demonstrating your abilities to new people.
- An in-depth Introduction to the Path to Employment includes a discussion of the emotional impact of job loss, and how to set effective career goals.
- A basic and advanced Resume Writing Workshop covers the different types of resumes and when to use each, plus branding and marketing your unique skills to potential employers.
- A two-part Interviewing Skills Workshop prepares you for all phases of interviewing. Part two of this workshop includes practicing the skills learned in part one.
- A workshop on Mastering the Art of Networking covers current strategies for effective networking.
- Learn the basics of using LinkedIn. How to register and build a profile is discussed in this introductory workshop.
- A workshop on The Right Career for You reviews tools used to help identify factors and areas to explore when making a career choice or change.
- Learn how to connect to your community and keep your skills sharp in the Skills-Based Volunteering Workshop.
- Enjoy Guest Speakers discussing current issues from a variety of fields.
Is there a time limit?
Jobseekers in New Jersey are welcome to make full use of all the resources available at the Jersey Job Clubs for six months. If you haven't found employment within six months, your Jersey Job Club leader may refer you to more intensive assistance services.