Things Employers Care About
Attracting and retaining customers
- Increasing customer loyalty by consistently ensuring that your customer interactions that are efficient, convenient, pleasant, and respectful.
- Helping current and prospective customers understand why your company's products or services are superior to what competitors offer.
- Helping customers select the product or service that will best meet their wants and needs.
- Educating customers about how to use the product or service they've bought from your company, so they experience greater value from their purchase.
- Responding to customer requests quickly and giving accurate information.
- Identifying customers' unmet needs, poorly met needs, and as-yet-unrecognized needs, since these represent opportunities for your company to develop new products or services or improve existing ones.
- Expanding or diversifying the customer base.
Improving productivity and reducing costs
- Reducing accidents or injuries by adhering to workplace safety procedures.
- Identifying waste and expenses and devising ways to eliminate them.
- Developing innovative ways to complete tasks better, faster, and cheaper.
- Informally or formally training or coaching coworkers so they can perform tasks more successfully, take on new tasks, or back up each other when necessary.
- Increasing the reliability of equipment, to reduce breakdowns and prevent expensive repairs.
- Improving our ability to adapt and improvise, so we can handle unexpected developments, rapidly changing circumstances, challenging deadlines, or emergency situations.
- Leading, managing, supervising, or supporting coworkers in ways that boost their morale, motivation, and commitment.
- Supporting teamwork and cooperation so we are able to achieve things together that would be impossible to accomplish individually.
- Quickly adopting and integrating useful new technology into our business.
- Quickly spotting defects in products or services, identifying the root causes of those defects, and devising and implementing ways to eliminate those causes.
- Quickly spotting other kinds of problems, then developing and implementing solutions that prevent them from occurring again.
- Increasing our capacity to handle sharp increases in demand for the services or the products, without harming quality.
- Developing and implementing processes and standard operating procedures that enable people to deliver flawless results each time, all the time.