Employer Partnership Program for Jobseekers
Need a job? The Employer Partnership Program may be your answer.
If you are an out-out work resident of New Jersey, this program may help you get back to work.
The Employer Partnership on-the-job training (OJT) program encourages employers to hire new workers by assisting them with the costs of training new workers. You get a paid job, training, and an opportunity to learn a new skill, while the employer gets to rebuild a business and reimbursement for half of your salary.
How to participate in the Employer Partnership program
- You must be a New Jersey resident who is unemployed or facing an imminent layoff from your current employer.
- You must either be currently receiving unemployment benefits OR must have exhausted your benefits within the past 52 weeks OR must meet the criteria to be regarded as a dislocated worker.
- You must be paid at least $12.00 an hour.
- Jobs must be full-time (at least 32 hours per week), long-term employment.
- Depending on the complexity of skills to be learned, the OJT contract period will range from 4 to 26 weeks.
We know employers who have specific, immediate employment needs. We will work to find suitable opportunities for you; employers will make the final hiring decision.
The Employer Partnership program helps you rebuild your personal economic situation while you help rebuild New Jersey's economy. To learn if the Employer Partnership program can work for you, visit your local One-Stop Career Center.