Rapid Response is a proactive, business-focused, and flexible strategy designed to
- respond to layoffs and plant closings by quickly coordinating services and providing immediate aid to companies and vital information to their affected workers.
- help growing companies access an available pool of skilled workers from other companies that are reducing their workforces or who have been trained in the skills your company needs to be competitive.
Rapid Response teams work with employers and employee representative(s) to minimize the disruptions on companies, affected workers, and communities affected by job loss. We can provide customized services on-site, accommodate any work schedules, and help companies and workers through the painful transitions associated with job loss.
Benefits to employers
The sooner you implement the Rapid Response strategy, the better off your company and workers will be. Providing Rapid Response to your workers will help assure:
- higher productivity and worker morale, and lower absenteeism during a layoff event due to reduced stress.
- lower unemployment insurance costs as workers are re-employed more quickly when services are begun prior to layoff.
- decreased likelihood of sabotage or work disruptions.
- media and rumor management; Rapid Response teams understand the often confidential nature of layoffs.
- better public relations for an employer. Rapid Response teams can work with media to highlight services an employer is providing to its workers during a layoff period, which can improve a company's public image.
Rapid Response teams can also provide information about state or federal requirements or laws for notification, including the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act.
Benefits to workers
Rapid Response teams can provide your workers with information on available programs and services, including
- unemployment insurance.
- career counseling and job search assistance.
- OnRamp, New Jersey's job board.
- resume preparation and interviewing skills workshops.
- networking opportunities.
- the local labor market.
- applying for unemployment insurance.
- education and training opportunities.
- health benefits and pensions.
- income support, along with training and health benefits, if jobs were lost due to foreign trade.
- and much more!
If you are looking to access skilled workers, expecting a layoff or plant closing, or wish to learn more about the services Rapid Response teams can provide for your business, please call 800-343-3919.